Position Title: Shuttle Driver
Reports to: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Shuttle Driver picks up and delivers customers to and from the dealership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates a passenger van safely and efficiently.
- Responds to requests from dispatch or management for scheduled and unscheduled pick-ups or drop-offs.
- Assists passengers in boarding and exiting vehicle.
- Inspects exterior and interior of vehicle at beginning of each shift for properly operating headlights, turn signals, brake lights, interior courtesy lamps, air-conditioning or heating, warning lamps, mirror adjustment, properly inflated tires, windshield wipers, vehicle damage, etc. prior to moving vehicle.
- Responsible for ensuring inside and outside of vehicle are properly cleaned and fueled on an ongoing basis.
- Keeps interior of vehicle neat and orderly.
- Accurately completes driver sheet for each shift with information including number of passengers, pick-up and drop-off times, mileages, destinations, etc.
- Treats all guests, customers, and other persons in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- May also be required to perform other related duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple reports. Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one with customers, employees and vendors.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registration:
Current, valid, driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, use hand to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach with hands and arms, take and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.